Lee Coombs on Old School Breaks
Lee Coombs, undoubtedly a predominant figure in the world of breaks, has posted his latest podcast which incorporates some brilliant breaks from the turn of the millennium. The 10 track, 1 hour mix includes tracks from the likes of The Drumattic Twins, Blim & Rennie Pilgrem, Planet Funk, Layo & Bushwacka, Quivver and New Order with a number of remixes by Lee Coombs himself.
The great thing about this mix is that Lee done the mix using all vinyl, demonstrating that vinyl is still just as good, if not better than digital versions.
“Another blast from the past, I put this mix together for my Sydney 2010 gig and recorded live with vinyl only using tracks from around 2000-2004. I really miss playing vinyl out in the clubs, CD’s are cool for being upfront but there is definitely something special about playing vinyl. I think I’ll be doing it a whole lot more… It bought back some great memories making this mix and I really think this was an exciting and ground breaking time in dance music.”
Lee Coombs – from his Podomatic page
So there you have it from the man himself. If you want some old school, ground breaking breaks, then check out Lee Coombs – Old School Mix – Podcast 6.
You can also listen to this track via his Soundcloud page
- Chantal – The Realm (Acapella)
- The Drumattic Twins – Invincible Bass /// Finger Lickin
- BLIM & Rennie Pilgrem – 2 Freaks /// TCR
- Forme – Kick A Hole /// Marine Parade
- Planet Funk – Inside All The People (Lee Coombs Remix) /// Virgin
- Layo & Bushwacka – Let The Good Times Roll /// End Recordings
- Uberzone & Rennie Pilgrem – Cous Cous /// TCR
- Quivver – One Last Time (Lee Coombs Remix) /// Virgin
- BLIM & Rennie Pilgrem – Eskimo /// TCR
- New Order – Crystal (Lee Coombs Remix) /// London